Thursday 23 February 2012

.a touch of whimsy.

Hard to believe just over a week ago I walked across the platform, did a shake and take with Dr. Williams and officially GRADUATED from PBU! At that point people were asking me at least 10 times a day what I would be doing with my life and just like the majority of college graduates I had no idea. I knew what I wanted to be doing but had no leads. Now, seven days later, I officially know what I'm doing.
Let's just talk about the power of prayer- I have been praying for almost 9 months that God would open the door for me to go to Ireland for a time after I graduated. I spent a good chunk of time researching options for this, mainly in the field of nannying. Well in spite of my efforts, nothing was quite working out. All I could do, as graduation loomed ever closer, was continue to pray that God would lead. As I continued to review possible positions, the title of one caught my eye- "Come live in a magical castle in Ireland". I laughed at the possibility and the fact that over 100 people had supposedly applied and on a whim- more joking than serious- I sent them my information. Well low and behold, God was at work in the midst of my whimsy. 
In about 2 weeks I will be boarding a 7:13 p.m. flight to Dublin, Ireland from where I will travel to Co. Carlow and begin working as a nanny for a lovely couple and their adorable one year old son and newborn in their hereditary family home -Huntington Castle {the link is below if you want to see it!}. It's a bit out of a dream and has all come together so fast! But I continue to trust as I hurriedly prepare for this new adventure that God will continue to guide my future as faithfully as He has my past. I will be there for 3 to 6 months to start with and throughout the period I am hoping to post -somewhat faithfully?- to this sight with all that is happening in my life there. As I set out upon this journey I cannot express how greatly I will appreciate your prayers as I know there will be many rough moments in this. So keep checking back for updates on my adventure and to see how best you can be praying for me.
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment