Thursday 23 February 2012

.domestic.


I.ve been feeling very domestic recently. 
To begin with, Britain's almost super-nanny Lizzie [she turned down the job to service the royals] has been here helping with baby Casper for the past month and in preparation for her upcoming departure she has been  training me in infant care and general childcare. So with all the feeding, changing, bathing, walking, playing, and comforting I.ve been doing,  I.m starting to feel like mini.mum. 
This week has been filled with lots of cooking and even more baking! It all started Sunday when I got a ferocious craving for chocolate cake, so of course I had to make one and yes, it was scrumptious! Shortly after that- aka Monday- I noticed a lack of biscuits for tea in the flat and made up a batch of poor man.s cookies  [very fitting because I am poor and the fridge was lacking in the ingredients department]. They were quite good and barely survived the week. Then, with various members of the household giving up chocolate for Lent, there became a massive need for non-chocolate biscuits so I quickly whipped up a batch of snickerdoodles , which.... have barely survived the past 24 hours [I may have to quadruple the recipe next time...]. After popping those into the AGA [aka the really awesome old school oven pictured above] I changed speeds- and taste- and began chopping up onions and mince and other savory bits and made a tomato sauce and meatballs which was later served over seasoned couscous and quickly devoured [it makes me hungry just thinking about it!]. Tonights supper is also quite scrummy and incredibly simple [I love that word lately]. Pasta+Bacon+Peas+Onions+Creme Fraiche+ seasoning=YUM! 
However, when I.m not cooking and cleaning or taking care of babies and building further respect for mums everywhere, I think of all of you and miss you!! 

1 comment:

  1. Yay for moving to Blogger! :] Welcome, friend.

    ReplyDelete