Thursday 1 March 2012

To the Sea



.[I have always loved the beach. The smell of the salty water, the wind in my face, the gentle roar of the waves all combine to create a sense of peace, calm, and home].
I have not been so happy to see a beach in a very long team.
Yesterday the entire house decided to take Wednesday off, so I wandered down to Ireland's oldest city, Waterford. While I had been looking forward to this adventure, by the time I got there I was in a bit of a funk and didn.t really know what to do with myself. So I went back to the bus station and found a bus to the coast and hopped on.
This took me to the very sleepy coastal town of Tramore.  
I wound my way down the quiet streets, catching glimpses of the sea through the buildings as the road twisted and turned its way down the rugged cliff on which the town is set. As the small stretch of beach finally appeared, suddenly, everything was right in the world. I rushed out onto the beach and breathed deep as I took in scents and sounds I didn.t realize I had been missing until that moment. As I kicked off my boots and let the waves lap my bare feet and embraced the feeling of the sand, this feeling of normalcy descended upon me.  Nothing has felt that normal in the last two months. 

2 comments:

  1. it's so great to find these places when far from home.
    it looks like such a sweet town! great photos alyssa : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmmm.. the peace of normal. i'm going to go stand in the ocean somewhere so we can be connected!

    ReplyDelete