Thursday 23 February 2012

.student status...oh wait.

It.s hard to remember a time in my life when I wasn.t in school. I.m so used to identifying myself as a student that I.m still struggling to come to grips with the reality that I am a college graduate and done with formal education. I keep having nightmares of sorts of suddenly finding myself back at PBU and being forced to start over or I.m failing all my classes and over skipped chapel and other horrible things that make me relieved to wake up not at school. 
I really do miss the environment of school... I of course miss the social aspect of it and all of the people who came into my life and helped shape me these past 4 years. I don.t miss class so much as a miss the learning experience... I miss the blessing of hearing the reflections of professors so well versed in scripture and being challenged by it. I definitely do not miss the never ending mountain of homework assignments but at the same time I do... not so much the work as the actual learning and acquiring of knowledge that comes from it. [no, I will not do your homework for you]. 
I am so used to another semester to check off being next on the proverbial to do list that it is almost unnerving to look ahead into my future and have no definite next step. I don.t even know for certain how long I will be in Ireland let alone what I will do when I do move home- if I do! Fortunately, though, I know who holds my future and I know I can trust in His promise to fulfill His purpose for my life. That.s a good feeling. 

No comments:

Post a Comment