Thursday 23 February 2012

.siberia.

Just when I.d finally adjusted to chilled temperatures that come with castle living, the weather took a plunge into the negatives [in celsius, that is] and has brought down the indoor temperatures as well- at least now I.m not the only one freezing! According to the news, a cold front has swept across Europe from Siberia- can I just say how odd it was to hear we were receiving leftovers from the Siberian weather front? Still forgetting which side of the Atlantic I.m on- if it is this cold here, after the weather was warmed from it.s journey across the Irish Sea, I have no desire to know how cold it is in Siberia right now... brrrrr! However, I have made a new best friend and I think we are have a long and happy friendship ahead of us- the hot water bottle. I don.t think I.ve used one of these since I was little, but I heard tale of using it to warm up the bed before you go to sleep. Well.... lets just say I had one BIG smile on my face as a I snuggled up under my nice, toasty wool blankets last night. I seriously dreamed about all sorts of warm, cozy things- it was wonderful! I have now become an official advocate for hot water bottles.
Even though it.s been just about 4 weeks that I.ve been here, I think I.m still coming to terms with the fact that for right now, this is where I live. I.m not here on a week long holiday- I live here. The whole Siberian weather thing really did serve as a big reminder that I.m not in America anymore... its just really odd to think about. 
This past weekend I finally found my way up to Dublin despite being slight apprehensive about traveling alone on public transport I.d never taken to a city I wasn.t the least bit familiar with. But, as ever, God showed Himself to be faithful and I had a lovely time and am now completely at ease with the various transport options and am greatly looking forward to going back. As I road the bus home and reflected on my day and a conversation I had had with the lovely Kari Stone over coffee, it just kinda clicked- I.m living my dream. No matter what lies ahead, for this season of my life, I am doing exactly what I.ve always wanted to do and when it all boils down... I couldn.t be happier :)

No comments:

Post a Comment