Thursday 29 March 2012

Oh and by the way...

I GOT MY VISA! such a relief!
Well that was a total God thing... 
Flashback.
Last week, after trying two other offices, I finally got a hold of the office I thought I needed to see to get my visa. Made an appointment, drove an hour, waited 15 minutes, listened to a crazy woman tell me about the knife fight she was just in, then went in. Then the lady, who made it very evident she wasn.t pleased with me and what I wanted, curtly informed me I was in the wrong place and I needed to speak to an office in Enniscorthy. I left, annoyed she couldn.t have told me that over the phone, frustrated by the distance driven and time wasted, and discouraged by her negative reaction to my plea.  
 So I called the office in Enniscorthy about 10 times over the course of 4 days. I finally got a hold of the man I needed yesterday, a cheery ol chap who politely informed me that no, I didn't need to talk to him, I needed to talk to the office in Gorey. Not wasting any time, I immediately called up Gorey and was relieved when I was told I could have an appointment for this morning. 
Last night I went for a walk [the weather has been so perfect!] and spent a lot of it praying about this appointment. I was feeling very positive but I really wanted others to know and be praying as well, however the internet here was down for the past 3 days and I wasn't able to reach out to anyone to let them know what was happening. 
I got in bed, turned out the light and was still praying about it when a verse came into my mind and I couldn't remember the exact wording, that usually doesn't bother me but I just really had this strong urge to look up the verse. So I rolled over, turned on the light and grabbed my Bible, and it literally plunked open to Hebrews 13 and my eyes landed on this verse 
[For God has said, “I will never fail you. I will never abandon you.” So we can say with confidence,
“The Lord is my helper, so I will have no fear. What can mere people do to me?”]


It was definitely a Spirit led thing that gave me a lot of peace and I also saw a verse that referenced how the Lord will equip us with all we need to carry out His will and it made me think how if it's God's will that I stay in Ireland, He will equip me with a visa. 
So today we went to the new office and to my great relief, the Lady was super nice! 
Everything was going so well...She looked over my paper work, and started to fill out the form and then stopped and said she would have to check something. She came back and told me that I was at the wrong station but she.d call the one she thought I should go to... My heart stopped for a moment -I knew the office she would call and the lady she would talk to and how that lady was not my biggest fan. So she called and I prayed- hard, and the woman she wanted to get ahold of didn't pick up [few!]- I began to try and piece together the next step and then, total God moment- she goes, ya know you're here, let me just do it and I'll let them know.
so I.m officially cleared to stay in Ireland. 
The more I think back on this morning the more I can see how God worked it out. The lady didn't ask me any questions about what I was doing, barely looked at my passport and letter from Huntington, didn't even ask for other documentation I was told would be needed. She just did it! 
I found out today, after the internet finally kicked back in that last night- when I most craved prayer but was unable to ask, people were praying for me and this situation at my home churches prayer meeting.
God is good.  

No comments:

Post a Comment