Saturday 28 April 2012

Life


For those of you who haven.t heard, I will be remaining in Ireland until the end of August. 
[Although they are doing their best to get me to remain longer]. 

During my time here I.ve found myself missing my life in America. When I was offered the opportunity to stay on, my first thought was -but... I don.t have a life here-. 
What my thoughts meant by that was something in reference to the lack of a social life that I have had here and the odd feeling that the life I was living prior to Ireland was kind of on hold...
It.s like when you go on vacation and in a sense push pause on the everyday for the extent of your trip and then you eventualy return to reality and push play. It.s a break from life as you live it. 
I.ve also had so many people referring to this as my gap year- oh, so you.re taking a year off-
A year off from what? Well real life of course... According to them, I have put my real life on hold and am existing in a pseudo life limbo. 

I was watching a film one night and I heard this quote:
[This is your life. Right now. It doesn't wait for you]
It has taken me a long time to get my mind around the idea that I do live here, for now. 
This is my life, right now, and it would be a total waste if I didn.t embrace it and seek to live it the best I know how. 

I am so thankful for my time here so far because of all the Lord has shown me that are now shaping me and how I live. 
[I am the Lord your God, who teaches you what is best for you, who directs you in the way you should go].
Isaiah 48:17

1 comment:

  1. "When he told his guidance counselor of the several roads he was considering, the man asked if Dan was planning to take a year off. 'No,' Dan corrected him, 'I prefer to think of it as a year on.' " - taken from Dan Eldon: The Art of Life. Enjoy the rest of your year on :)

    ReplyDelete